Wednesday, September 2, 2009

VET TXT and VET MAIL

We are in the process of putting together two communications systems to better communicate with you. The first is Vet Text. This will be a text message system where we can quickly get in touch with you through your cell phone by text message. This our spin-off of Vol Txt.

Vet Mail will utilize your email accounts. Anyone who doesn't have email should consider starting one. Free email accounts are available from many sources. Hotmail, Lycos, and Yahoo are just three of many free email providers. I also teach an evening class in the Social Sciences division. If I have news for the class, I send it to them as members of my email group for that class. For example, if I am called away the day of class and cannot otherwise notify the students, I will email the class with that information. That might save someone a 25 mile drive only to discover that there is no class.

You will hear more about these communications systems shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment